YourChildrensBookshelf.org | Document last modified: 1/1/2020
1. Information Collected and Maintained. YCB collects and maintains personal information that you, our donors, provide to us when you:
(a) Contact us by phone, mail, or email, in person, or via our website.
(b) Register for an event.
(c) Make a contribution, either on our website, at a special event, over the phone, or by mailing in a check.
(d) Navigate through our website. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above, subject to your express approval.
2. Types of Information. YCB collects and maintains the following types of information about our donors:
(a) Personal information, including:
(i) Contact information, such as name, address, email, and telephone number.
(ii) Giving information, including types and amounts of donations and credit card information. We utilize secure transaction methods when collecting credit card information over the internet. YCB does not disclose credit card account information provided by our donors, except for the proper processing of donations.
(iii) Information on events attended and publications received.
(iv) Any other information provided by the donor to YCB, such as public comments or posts on YCB's website.
(b) Non-personal information that does not personally identify you, including information that is anonymized, aggregated, or publicly available when not combined with non-publicly available information about you. (
c) Information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including information automatically collected through technical methods such as:
(ii) Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website may use local stored objects to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
(iii) Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit YCB, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
3. Confidentiality. All information about any financial and non-financial transactions between you and YCB is considered highly confidential and we employ appropriate security measures designed to protect it. While the information is kept confidential, it is shared with YCB's board members, staff, volunteers, and professionals on a need-to-know basis and in compliance with all laws, regulations, court orders, or other governmental requests.
4. Use of Personal Information. YCB collects and maintains personal information to:
(a) Establish a relationship and communicate with you about YCB, including our programs, special events, and funding needs.
(b) Learn about our donors and what matters to you.
(c) Process donations and event registrations and issue tax receipts.
(d) Comply with all laws and regulations, including reporting requirements.
(e) Plan future fundraising activities and events.
(f) Analyze giving patterns.
(g) Solicit feedback from you by conducting surveys.
YCB uses industry standard safeguards to protect your personal information against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of your personal information. YCB will not share, sell, or exchange your personal information with any other entity for third-party fundraising or marketing purposes, except as provided in this Policy or as expressly consented to by you. To opt out, you may contact YCB as described in the "Contact Us" section below. To the extent that a third-party service provider is used to process any donations, the provider is bound by strict confidentiality rules, and your information will only be used to the extent necessary to process the donation.
5. Communications. YCB will from time to time communicate with you, including by telephone, text, email, and mail, concerning YCB's charitable activities, events, and requests for future support. YCB will not call or email you or send mailings to you on behalf of other organizations without your express consent. To opt out of receiving these communications, you may contact YCB as described in the "Contact Us" section below.
6. Records Retention and Destruction. YCB complies with all Internal Revenue Service, state, and local regulations and YCB's internal policies governing the retention, management, and destruction of donor information collected and maintained by YCB.
7. Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information. You can review and request changes to the personal information that YCB has collected about you by contacting YCB as described in the "Contact Us" section below. However, please be aware that YCB may not accommodate a change request that would impact record retention or other operational requirements like remembering email opt-out preferences, violate any law or legal requirement, or cause the information to be incorrect. Deleting your personal information may also require deleting your user account (if any). California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices.
9. Children Under the Age of 13. YCB's website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the website. YCB does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this website or provide any information about yourself to YCB, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If YCB learns it has collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, YCB will delete that information. If you believe YCB might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact YCB as described in the "Contact Us" section below.
10. Donor Bill of Rights. YCB subscribes to the Donor Bill of Rights as created by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Associations for Healthcare Philanthropy, the Council for Advancement and Support of Education, and the Giving Institute. A copy of the Donor Bill of Rights may be downloaded from YCB’s website or you may contact YCB as described in the "Contact Us" section below.
11. Contact Us. To opt out of receiving communications from YCB, to review the personal information that YCB has collected about you, to opt out of the sale or sharing of the personal information as described in Section 2, or to ask any other questions regarding this Policy, please contact YCB at the below address or email.
Attn: Karen Boston-Wright
Postal Address: 1310 N. Riverside Rd., McHenry, IL 60050